Billy Rubens Circle Jerk
Billy Rubens Circle Jerk
Billy Rubens Circle Jerk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy Rubens Circle Jerk

Conspiracies,whistle-blowers, dissidents,social lepers all welcome...except spammers and mindless trolls

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Carmageddon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

Carmageddon Empty
PostSubject: Carmageddon   Carmageddon I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 6:35 pm

Carmageddon M6OyXrPl

Carmageddon HjZM8nrl

This thread is for the worship of the Car.

Men,I want to take this time before going further to thanking you for existing.
For you bought forth into this existence,sifted from the clays of the Earth,a work of wonder.Conceived at first to relieve his toil,now a metal monster from hell.

I salute you,true Gods...Demons,Speed Demons.

You ask anyone in Australia to name an American muscle car,seven out of ten would name the Dodge Charger as the most iconic,most recognizable Muscle Car.The rest goto Ford Mustang.You can thank the 'Dukes of Hazard' for that.

If 'Bullit' had  TV series who knows.

In Australia,I prefer GMH products,mid 60's to early seventies body types.
A good mix of power,braking and reliability.

But if in America,you can't beat their Dodge/Plymouths both branches of the Chrysler corporation,for body style and looks,except for one fatal flaw,pointed out by Uncle Tony's Garage on youtube,the points where the steering,torsion bars all meet only allow for a mid mounted hump in the sump,not rear mounted like GM.

Running bearings dry.I hate that.And expensive to modify.Very,steering links changes involving modified baffled sumps,oil pick-ups,considerations for exhaust clearances,it never ends,but so satisfactory when you overcome and work it out..

Above is my favorite,it's 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T,factory fitted 440,A-833 4 Speed or 727,8 3/4 or a Dana,depending on carb/track options or you had the legendary 426 Hemi.The Hemi's had strengthened bodies with torque boxes welded in,the same points as for factory convertibles.

Come with a Coronet fully gauged tacho dash,or Raleigh pack option,the same that goes into a Dodge Charger.They call them B-Bodies over there,but here's something,you could grab a 4 door Coronet and with after market skins and some rear wrecking yard cut-out for the roof and supports,make a two door Coronet mock-up,or your very own Dodge Charger,not lying.

Personally,if you can,get an un-rusted 318 car,manual pedaled if lucky or convert,your choice.

#MUST DO# Brake upgrade first,drum to disc,vacuum power assisted,duo system.Unless it's a numbers matching restoration,survivor in 'Good" condition,show-room trailer queen.Then for God sake,upgrade it.

Brakes and steering first.

Skip the big blocks power to weight is the name of the game get better braking and handling in any street race,stroke a 69-70 340 small block,crank and rod pack,making 410 cubic inches,the right head,cam,induction system,that is suitable for your driving choice.Differential ratios and gearboxes taken all into account.

I'd update,run a five speed box with a tall diff ratio around 3.08,(2.94 or 3.23 in Dodge Ratios).That's a highway combination for good fuel and not over-revving.

A-12's are strip cars with 4.10's in them going by memory.That's why it's hard to get numbers matching,they blew their blocks.

I always wanted to cruise Death Valley at the beginning of the coldest winter day and speed 150 MPH all the way to Vegas,"Fear and Loathing" style...just without the drugs.

For you getting into this field,unless you have the cash to buy a genuine factory muscle car ,modify a good un-rusted body from a generic type,like I'd build just from wrecking yard parts,a Dodge Coronet 440,that's not the Big Block V8 I'm referring to,it's a cheaper optioned trim package.

You know the prices they go for now,I can either buy a house for my family to live in or a Dodge Charger for a family of four and unhappy kitty.

Build a nice junker for 12-35K.Get the old girls back on the road.  
Back to top Go down
https://jerkoff.forumotion.com
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

Carmageddon Empty
PostSubject: Not today Biker Boy's, 71 Valiant Scamp, Small Block R3-340, 416 ci 650 HP   Carmageddon I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 8:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsk2P2htItQ

Carmageddon OxLxlGTl

The Youtuber doesn't show this video on other platforms.Sadly you have to go there.But worth it,it's deep in the film,when the bikers come along...and left for dead,I love it.

This is what a stroked 340 can do.

Like I said,forget your big blocks and hold on.

Ok,this is what they call a A-body car.

Over in the states,they made cheap smaller framed cars than there popular big brothers.1968-69 Dodge Darts,known in Australia as VE Valiants,just with a grill change and sadly,no 340.Anyway,the Darts become Scamps (wrong Scamps are Plymouths,this gets confusing) not to mentions their are Factory Muscle Car variants.Popular types like Dodge Demon,Dodge Dart 383 GT,Barracudas,Cudas and Plymouth Dusters.

But what is being shown in the above video is the considerations for stroking a small block,than say a 440 out of a Camper-van.The less weight and price in parts,well,Chrysler is the dearest to restore compared to Ford and GM,another negative aspect.

I never said they were made perfect,American cars,with sagging doors or misaligned sheet metal.Just talking to returning tourist and they all say,"They drive bloody Kia's and Hyundais over there".

I just think,restore an old girl,these plastic fantastic ,hmmm yeah.Or think of it this way,you blow a transmission in a modern car,$5,000+ not to even add the mechanic's time and wages,or build a nice cheaper variant of a typical classic muscle car.  

A 1965 Chevy Malibu I'd be happy with compared to Chevelle SS.

But built the way I want.

Now watch this guy show you what a stroked small block can do.

Last edited by Billy Ruben on Wed May 08, 2024 7:41 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : video post of scamp)
Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

Carmageddon Empty
PostSubject: Dead Crazy - Feedtime   Carmageddon I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 9:33 pm

This is an old post from a David Icke forum now not existing in that form when originally written.It was done similar to 90% of the postings in this forum,live,unprepared,poorly written and really stoned.

Trump thread,completely off my rocker,but it was fun,until,those eyes...

Anyway.I'm sure it has heaps of spelling mistakes,didn't understand auto-correct back then.

It's about the dangerous driving conditions on Australian roads.

...four wheels locked up,the smoke belching from the tyres,sliding side-ways,120kph,the rear-end of the semi-trailer,cuts across my lane like a switchblade,slicing the jugular,reflexes,saving my life once again.The semi,goes into convulsive shaking,as the driver spends the next 200metres,trying to bring it under control...the truck shimmers,then rights itself,I snake up the side,and glare into the eyes of the driver,who is humble and scared,he nods in apology,and realises,he looks into the eyes of a demon,making a pistol with my hand,cock it and fire...take note of his plates,and add to the list of fuckwits...three weeks later,he’s involved in a fatal crash on the North Coast...but he is unscathed.
Just another day on the Pacific Hwy...
“Dead Crazy”,performed by an Australian band,Feedtime,blaring on the CD player.Most of the songs burnt are driving songs,unlike many countries,due to the position,rarely will one trip,be under 400 kilometres,caffeine pills and thermo tea,to get you to the end of the journey and back,while our state supplies are being driven,by truck drivers,dosed on Amphetamine,driving at times,for more than 12 hours straight....to the risk of many,and the body-count shows.
...Road kill.
Disembowled wildlife,in particular,Kangaroos,many dead on impact,but some,severed in half,just allowed to die in agony,I pull up,reach for the 4 foot pick handle,I carry beside my seat,my remedy for the fallen,one blow,behind the skull,where the spinal chord meets the base of the brain,it lets out a bark,and dies,silent tears flow down my cheeks,another,I kill out of mercy and that rotten feeling you get in your stomach,dry heaving,try not to vomit...and hit the road again...10 k’s down the road,an old falcon,crumpled bonnet,blood splattered front,pulls up,smoking,over heated...
He begs for a lift...Fook you,and show him the pick handle...his eyes retreat,and looks for more accommodating people.The road demon is unyielding,continues,throwing psychic curses,and drives on,destination,East Maitland,home of my contacts.secure a little weed,take the edge off,by the side of the road,and rest,for an hour.Perception changes,little birds,gather around the car,throwing what morsels of food scraps are in the cabin for them.A lighter note...it’s truely beautiful,these dirt roads in the bush.A little echidna,strolls past the rear-end of the wagon.Another tea is made,a litre of water,take a piss by the tree,and hit the road,...
...cruising slower now,doing 80kph,in a 110kph highway,it’s just gone dark,the windscreen,a mess of bug entrails,hard to see,with the lights so dim,and twilight,watching for ‘Roos and wombats,very calm edge,it’s 8pm,summertime,the road in strangely empty,when a set of headlights come flying up behind me,slipped her into third gear,and nail the accelerator to the floor,back upto 140kph,they’re doing at least 160kph,they change lanes,hanging off my right rear guard,somethings not right,a near collision,now they backed off,slam the breaks down to 90kph,they are forced ahead,and see it’s a Police Highway Patrol vehicle,Holden Commodore V8,chevy badge,the intercepter,I can feel them,reading my number plates,I’m registered and licensed,they speed back up,doing at least 160,
I trail them,sitting 200metres behind,sped upto 150kph,they know I’m speeding,the same as them,but use them as my shield for what lies ahead.Covering the last 65kilometres in record time.
I make it home,alive,disappointing the road statistics,and to the joy of my family...my partner can tell,by my eyes,it was a hard drive,nothing said,tea,a smoke...and think back to what has just taken place,in the last 5 hours.This what I nearly see every day...desperation,stupidity and that adrenaline rush,I’m addicted to the danger,but it’s not for everyone...

Feel free to post you’re mis-haps and experiences here.It’s holiday season now,many venture into conditions they’re not used to,and unfortunately for some,they’ll never make it home...feel for them
We’re all Dead Crazy...

Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

Carmageddon Empty
PostSubject: Repo Man - 1964 Chevy Malibu - J Frank Parnell   Carmageddon I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 10:18 pm

In Honor of J. Frank Parnell.

Carmageddon BiybJmb

Carmageddon Kj9XScTm

Carmageddon Xb9Cryzl

What ?,
Did you think this is going to be a Chrysler thread only.

In every disaster film,Apocalyptic,Natural,Viral,the heroes/survivors always seemed to get an old Chevy going.And that's GM's big selling point in my book,reliability.

J Frank Parnell worked on the Neutron Bomb in the cult classic 1984 film Repo Man.He's driving around L.A. with dead aliens in the trunk of his car as Secret Service and a U.F.O. investigations group are in hot pursuit.

Otto is an unemployed middle-class white suburban Punk Rocker.
Who by chance gets recruited into vehicle repossession.
When this car comes up with a $20,000 repo reward the battle ensures.

There's even an SS performance variant,in top trim form,they come with lively 327's,the excellent Muncie 4 Speed.Seen a dash with the 150 MPH speedo,very similar in appearance to Holden HR.

Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

Carmageddon Empty
PostSubject: 1967 Dodge Polara   Carmageddon I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:14 pm

Carmageddon Lv25o4ol

Carmageddon UkOnNeDl

Dodges always had the most stylish rear-end designs.A mixture of masculine features and a hint of evil,could you imagine seeing these tail-lights at night passing you with that V8 rumble.

Almost a pleasure to be overtaken by such a beautiful machine.Shame they didn't have R/T variants like the Coronets of the same year in '67.
Even sadder so they weren't exported in right-hand drive to Australia, equipped with small-blocks and assembled at Chrysler Australia.

There was an Argentinian version of the Dodge Polara,funny enough an R/T    
package that featured a 225 slant six,or the upgraded version Dodge Polara GTX,with a 318 and four speed,a nice looking car with the same dash as a Plymouth Duster/Dodge Dart I think.

Carmageddon OSxoL8Jl

Last edited by Billy Ruben on Sun May 19, 2024 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : resizing pictures)
Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

Carmageddon Empty
PostSubject: 1967 Chevy 427 SS Impala   Carmageddon I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:53 pm

Carmageddon N73bDRBl

Carmageddon 3fx0rgfl

Like I said it's not a Chrysler thread.
What I like most about GM products,unlike North America,there's only very few places in Australia where engine blocks in storage would crack due to freezing.But I noticed a lot on Youtube channels,many Chrysler V8's locked up over time compared to GM V8's.

This beautiful 67 Impala SS 427 is a perfect example of American muscle car.There was some right hand four door,but no Impala SS's models exported to Australia,most sedans had the 307's and 350 V8's.We were a small block country,which I'm happy with.

350-400 HP is all one needs for a streeter.That stroked 416cu 650hp Plymouth Scamp posted at the top of the page,is over-kill for me.Those sorts of roads,undulating,broken with repair patches...no way I'm taken her full throttle.End up wrapped around a tree.Those blokes with 800-1000hp,should just keep them for the drag strip,they're unusable for street or even parking with that cam lift.

Most big block factory cars of the day were around 325HP to over 430HP.
Good for many applications.But they were in big heavy cumbersome metal frames.Stroked small block in a mid to smaller car type body,you'll kill the big boys everytime.

Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

Carmageddon Empty
PostSubject: 1967 Chevrolet Nova II Super Sport   Carmageddon I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am

Carmageddon Z7OHkpxl

Carmageddon BPaEF3Sl

1967 Chevrolet Nova II Super Sport,I can GMH Australia borrowed a few lines from the Chevy Nova to make our own cars here.

Looks similar to the HR Holden at the rear.

The Super Sports had the 327's with a Muncie 4 speed.

Love the mid-sized cars,small V8 and better handling,and less stress on the front-ends.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Carmageddon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carmageddon   Carmageddon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carmageddon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Billy Rubens Circle Jerk :: Introductions :: Your first forum-
Jump to: