Billy Rubens Circle Jerk
Billy Rubens Circle Jerk
Billy Rubens Circle Jerk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy Rubens Circle Jerk

Conspiracies,whistle-blowers, dissidents,social lepers all welcome...except spammers and mindless trolls

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cool Songs

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

Cool Songs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: The Electric Eels - Cyclotron   Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:41 am

The Electric Eels were just prankster terrorist.Mad as hatters.Examine the lyric line,"War is fun,go down to the turnpike and laugh at the Jets".Imagine,going to the local football stadium just to laugh at the losing home team,suicide,yes,but hilarious.All these 1974 college straights of Cleveland,oblivious to the punk sub-culture that was arising at the time in the Cleveland scene,Rocket From The Tombs,Mirrors,The Styrenes...

and you have this mad afro,sneering white trash that is Dave McManus,upsetting your sensibilities,playing opening songs in gay-bars"You Crummy Fags,I'll blow your head off for a dollar,I'll rip your heart out just for fun".McManus hated Laughner of the Tombs and had a blow-up dolly called "Charlotte",named after Laughners wife
...he'd deny it now,but I suspect McManus screwed Laughners wife
and made fun out of the experience equating the performance with a blow-up doll,being more animated.He won't admit that if true,out of respect for Laughner dying at 27,Pancreatic cancer,drugs do that,
shame for early Pere Ubu,cause the guitar on Final Solution "Unchained" is unrivalled.Aint it Fun,the original Tombs release from Day The Earth was always to poignant to play after a week.Oh,Dave,if you ever read this,I'm just pissing you off back in pure Eels style,talking about Laughners SKILLS in the same paragraph as you.the subject matter.Razz

The Eels were never violent homophobes or Nazi sympathizers,they were in fact,laughing at both sides of the argument,poking fun at the left right paradigm,whether that concerns politics,gender debates,social sensibilities
or whatever agenda,they were true in your face punks,insane,but a lot of fun.Art Terrorist I think they referred themselves to be and quite rightly so.

Lyrics to Cyclotron :

Giant doors

Hiding in a dresser and pursuing my success,

Hide with the roar

Shaving with two razors will help make quite a mess,

T.V. set

Watch yourself on video, see me on the big beat show

Daffy Duck

You know a steaming bowl of washers

On a nice hot day like this would be a nice suprise

Sewing set

Little baby tie up and I'm through for one day,

War is fun

Going down the turnpike and I laugh at the jets,

Benny boy

Falling on a liquorice, dancing on a cyclotron

Your mouth is a vast wasteland

You're a little baby bore

Candygram

Standing on a corner with a flashlight in her hand,

I hate girls

Climb into the canister and warn me in the morning,

Pasty faces

Amyl nitrate on your brow

Barbie Doll

Kelvinator, Kelvinator, Kelvinator,

Your mouth is a vast wasteland

Baby burp gets on your dress
Back to top Go down
https://jerkoff.forumotion.com
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

PostSubject: Steve Albini makes a delicious cup of kopi luwak /Jordan Minnesota   Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:51 am

Steve Albini makes a delicious cup of kopi luwak

It's weird,you get up in the morning,light the first cigarette and cough your guts up all the way to the kitchen and put the kettle on.Limping and hunched over,the pain from the build up in the intestines and the weaning off the previous days opiate based painkillers,it's gonna take a long time in the shower,a handful of vitamins and a bowl full of shit,to feel normal again, and the next dose,so the muscles on your face sink back into
normal expression,but it's killing me,I know that.

It's the pot I smoke with it,makes it a nicer trip.

Three minutes have gone,the tea's steeped long enough,the first of three
,the ritual breakfast,with about three high octane cigarettes,pre-emphysemic lungs making it harder to absorb nicotine.

I thought about what shall one awake to, supercharge the mind and adrenals.This page,like breakfast needs a starter.Thinking about my worldwide shopping trip and paying this punk,5% of the cut,in person just to say,did my way.Bit worried,cause I want to fly Qantas and plan what trips I can't,by boat or car,The licenses have to be pre-arranged before departure.

That punk used to live in Minnesota state,which is close to adjoining Canada,the right car comes along,I'm driving to Anchorage,ship her out,
some cool American Muscle Car,but factory right hand.Hard to find the best.But you know the luck,get a break,you get killed and can't enjoy it,so
I'm trying to live longer and not visit the United States too much,even though I'd love to ,they're just too Yahoo !.

Afraid of Americans,afraid I can't help it,you know the song.

Cool Songs - Page 6 Uzia

Oh yes,Had to wake up to tunes,Minnesota in my mind..."Ah Yes",I cry out loud and put on the Big Blacks live video from Youtube,Jordan Minnesota...and appropriate for what's been happening in my Police thread at the moment and my feelings about Taree.

But before I hit play on that song,I notice Steve Albinis little coffee interview and watched that instead and it was weird,cause,at that moment,also,like that shattered mind one has through trauma,I was thinking of that coffee in Japan that monkeys shit out there arses,thinking,$300 a pound,I'll stick to Liptons Yellow Label ,but coffee is good for bowel movements,the rare time I only drink it.

Others think it's good in the reverse order,coffee that is,used for enemas.Best place for it really.

This is the song everybody writes about.

Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

PostSubject: Pixies - Tame (live)    Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Frank gives it all he's got,it's the end of the set,think you'd be hoarse,the Pixies require high energy to burn through those songs.Guitar-less you'd think disarmed and weak,but no,delivers.

Great version

Back to top Go down
Ciggy

PostSubject: Re: Cool Songs   Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:24 pm

Billy Ruben wrote:
Frank gives it all he's got,it's the end of the set,think you'd be hoarse,the Pixies require high energy to burn through those songs.Guitar-less you'd think disarmed and weak,but no,delivers.

Great version

Frank Black gained weight for the cause, using food to keep the vocal chords lubricated and healthy instead of whiskey (which burns 'em out over time).
Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

PostSubject: Pixies - Boom Chickaboom - Live   Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:44 am

Ciggy wrote:
Billy Ruben wrote:

Great version

Frank Black gained weight for the cause, using food to keep the vocal chords lubricated and healthy instead of whiskey (which burns 'em out over time).

So did you at one stage,I knew you were expecting America to crash and burn,when Tiswas accused you of eating all those pies.But I knew it was a survivalist tactic,you were more Bill Cooper than Icke,Cooper's got military training,Icke's got Tiswas and hardcore anal.

Post any song you like,but make it cool,thaT RULES out Ickes son,

deal ? Cool Songs - Page 6 2865203414 dif 

Thumbs Up to "Thing" from Webanarchy for helping me get this...

Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

PostSubject: Devo " Gut Feeling " first time in live in 1977    Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:11 am

This is about the era Eno had influence on them.

They were smoking hot here,blistering for Devo.

Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

PostSubject: Venom P Stinger - Before You Open My Eyes   Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Billy Ruben wrote:
omnibilll wrote:
if you like listening to some dudes make noise on instruments they dont know how to play, by all means...proceed and enjoy! :cheers:

Thankyou.

It's structure that sends me troppo.

I hate Dire Straits,but for rampages and massacres,I recommend,Nana Mouskouris "...Love is like a Butterfly".

Those tank commanders used Wagner in WW2,Heavy Metal in Iraq Wars parts 1 and 2,but psychos like me,

just hit them with love and light and see the results.I heard that song when I was 7 and stomped on Butterflies and

moths for a month after.Used WD-40 and a lighter for a flame thrower...God I was mad.

Threw moths and flies into spider webs,wait for Spidey Widey to come out,soak the fuckers in suface spray and light it up.

It was the egg-sack and the burning babies that gave the most satisfaction...Cheers :cheers: :003_ev:

Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

PostSubject: THE FRUMPIES - Tommy Slich    Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 2:58 am

Look what I found sunny 

Frumpies Tommy Slich....One of my favourites...On Youtube !!!!

My type of tunes.

Wow.I'm Rapt.

Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

PostSubject: The Frumpies and other Riot Grrl Acts   Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:08 am

Look,I didn't even know I was a Riot Grrl fan,I just thought it was 90's style girl punk,they just happen to come from all one genre,others like Huggy Bear,Bikini Kill, and later Heavens To Betsys,Bratmobile,but those mad chicks of the Frumpies always been my favourite,usually due to the wild nature of the author,but the poignant darkness of the introspective Heavens To Betsys lyrics,My Red Self,White Girl and Stay Dead for example resonated on more sinister moods.

But for kick-ass...Frumpies.

1. weird machine (0:00)
2. intertube tomorrow (1:36)
3. be good (2:39)
4. what's his name hearts the frumpies (3:41)
5. she's a real cutie pie (4:52)

released on kill rock stars in 1993

Cool Songs - Page 6 2865203414 Cool Songs - Page 6 2865203414 Cool Songs - Page 6 2865203414 Cool Songs - Page 6 2865203414 
Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

PostSubject: The Stooges - Ann (Full Version)    Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 9:37 am

The Stooges - Ann (Full Version)

I was taken to court from Taree Police cells.Before,nothing but coldness surrounded me,the pain in the spine from a cop kneeing me,red welts around my wrist.

I looked up to her,this brunette angel,freckly little cheeks slightly,red lipstick,nothing else,"Please,I beg you,put the cuffs on soft",my eyes,begging her.Frightened.

She took my arm and walked along,down the hall,to the awaiting court.

Ispent the next six months meowing and purring to go down on her...

You took my arm and you broke my will
You made me shiver with a real thrill
You took my arm and we walked along
Down the road to a quiet song
I looked into your cool cool eyes
I felt so fine, I felt so fine
I floated in your swimming pools
I felt so weak, I felt so blue
Ann, my Ann I love you Ann
My Ann I love you right now!
Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

PostSubject: The Boys Next Door - Shivers   Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 8:52 am

This was the song my junkie auntie made me discover Nick Cave at age 14.Many Goths met an untimely end by their interpretations and grandiose inclinations,but they never really got it.

Most music for me was just an artistic interpretation of emotional extremes,we all have them,just this path of vent is most constructive as opposed to violence.

Uploaded on Apr 7, 2007

Music from Australia and New Zealand in the year 1979:

The Boys Next Door's promo-video for the single 'Shivers' (May, 1979), taken from the 1979 album 'Door, Door'.

Note: Written by a 16 year old Rowland S. Howard in 1976, about an unrequited love; 'Shivers' is Howard's most famous song and is one of Australia's primary punk/post-punk anthems. Howard first recorded his song with his second band The Young Charlatans in 1978, before taking it to The Boys Next Door.
The song has been recorded by Marie Hoy for the Richard Lowenstein film 'Dogs In Space', and was a chart-hit single for The Screaming Jets in the early nineties.
This promo-video was taken from 'Nightmoves', a music television program in Australia which was produced by Mushroom records boss Michael Gudinski. ABC-TV's Countdown denied the Boys Next Door an appearance due to the song's lyrical content; however, Saturday morning children's television program 'Hey Hey It's Saturday' made no issue and had the band perform on the show. The Boys Next Door changed their name to The Birthday Party a year later.

Band Origin: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Track: Shivers
Album: Door, Door
Composed By: Rowland S. Howard
Produced By: Tony Cohen (Engineer)
Label: Mushroom
Chart Position:
Release Date: May, 1979
Links:
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birt...)
- http://www.howlspace.com.au/en/boysne...
- http://www.myspace.com/boysnextdoorni...

Line-up:

Nick Cave -- Vocals
[ Boys Next Door (1973-1980) -- The Birthday Party (1980-1983) -- Man Or Myth? (1983) -- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (1983-present) -- Grinderman (2007-present) ]

Mick Harvey -- Guitar
[ Boys Next Door (1973-1980) -- The Birthday Party (1980-1983) -- Man Or Myth? (1983) -- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (1983-2009) -- solo (1995-present) ]

Tracy Pew -- Bass
[ Boys Next Door (1973-1980) -- The Birthday Party (1980-1983) -- Man Or Myth? (1983) ]

Phill Calvert -- Drums
[Boys Next Door (1973-1980) -- The Birthday Party (1980-1983) -- Blue Ruin (1985-1989) -- In Vivo -- The Sunday Kind --Sugarhips -- Bulletproof -- The Enthusiasts ]

Rowland S. Howard -- Guitar
[ The Obsessions -- The Young Charlatans -- Boys Next Door (1978-1980) -- The Birthday Party (1980-1983) -- Crime & The City Solution (1984-1987) -- These Immortal Souls (1986-1992) -- solo (1999-2009) ]

----------------------------------------­---------
NZOZ NZOZ1979 1979 Australia Late Seventies 1970's 1970s 70's 70s

Extended Tags: Nick Cave, Mick Harvey, Rowland S. Howard, Tracey Pew, The Birthday Party

Musical Terms: New Wave, Post Punk, Post-Punk, Alternative, Indi, Aussie, Old Australian Music Band
Back to top Go down
Chandrakavi

Chandrakavi

PostSubject: Re: Cool Songs   Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:00 pm

An Oldie but goodie
Back to top Go down
Chandrakavi

Chandrakavi

PostSubject: Re: Cool Songs   Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 6:54 am

P2 Vatican blues cover -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncul94N0kcQ

Nice red hair red girl.
Like Harrison version better though.

Cthulhu Very Happy

P2 Vatican Blues (Especial George ...

Cool Songs - Page 6 187824764 Cool Songs - Page 6 2865203414

Last edited by Chandrakavi on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

PostSubject: The Deviants - You Got To Hold On.    Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 1:59 am

Been getting back into late 60's psychepunk/Garage Punk again,some of those Pebbles Collected Various Artist run of Cd's is a good way to cover this period

Cool Songs - Page 6 7nj2

But for a band from this era that had consistently good tracks,I kinda like the Deviants more,strange drug fuzed songs that sound like hippy era celebrations morphing into the mosh that will become punk.

Like them,The Deviants,"You've Got To Hold On".

Back to top Go down
Billy Ruben
Admin
Billy Ruben

PostSubject: Mazzy Star - Mary Of Silence   Cool Songs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Drinking a fine red wine,smoking a few cones,thinking about a dark love...

Mazzy Star - Mary of Silence (So Tonight That I Might See,1993-lyrics)

Oh Mary of Silence
You pick my heart with a smile
Oh sweet Mary
Come inside for a while
Help me get a hold on you
Or I will
I thought of myself beside you
Take me into your skin

Oh, Sweet Mary of Silence
Oh, Sweet Mary of Silence

We have a steady confusion
You're looking at fear